About this episode
This is the second in a three-part series about Mapbox tools for logistics. Learn how to work with the results of a Mapbox Directions API request. Follow along with our hypothetical business as they learn how to send their delivery driver out with all the information they need to get to the drop-off. In this live-coding session, we’ll unpack the response, draw the route and turns on the map, and learn how to access and work with the turn-by-turn instructions.
You’ll learn how to...
- Configure and send a Directions API request
- Tune the API response using different request parameters
- Get the information your users need from the API response
2. Check out our Directions API documentation.
3. The API supports these languages for spoken directions.
4. Learn more about automatic rerouting.
5. Learn the difference between steps and legs.
6. This is the Mapbox Asset Tracking solution we mention.
Are the approaches relevant to walking mode?
Yes, 'approaches' can be used with both walking AND bicycle modes so you can create a great user experience for cyclists and wheelchair users or people walking with strollers.
Does ‘driving side’ work in both left and right-hand drive countries?
Yes, 'approaches' can be set to work in either left and right-side drive countries.
Are one-way streets an issue for walking directions?
No, "one-way streets" is only a restriction that applies to driving. Our routing profile allows walking against one-way driving flows.