About this episode
This is a session for beginners. Each Mapbox API provides a specific function and returns different data. We'll compare APIs side-by-side, do some pattern recognition, and learn how to make a well constructed API request. This session will cover requests, responses, and errors for APIs across maps, navigation, and search services.
You’ll learn how to...
- Understand what APIs are, and why developers use them
- Formulate and send an API request to a server
- Understand code examples using APIs
- Look “under the hood” of a more complex Mapbox API
Tools we’ll use:
- Your free Mapbox account: account.mapbox.com
- Web browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Mapbox documentation: docs.mapbox.com
- Code editor (such as Atom, SublimeText, Codepen)
1. Follow along with this doc.