The CSV (comma-separated values) format is common for table data, like the kind you may use in Excel or other spreadsheets. CSV files aren’t necessarily mappable unless they contain geographic information (like latitude and longitude).
Read Troubleshooting CSV files for examples on how to format the file.
When uploading CSV files, keep the following in mind:
- Check out the Mapbox Uploads API documentation for the current size limit for CSV files.
- CSV files must be in UTF-8 encoding.
- CSV files must contain coordinates (latitude and longitude) when uploading in Mapbox Studio or Mapbox Studio Classic.
- CSV files are for point data only.
- Data imported via CSV will be encoded as a string type in the Mapbox Studio dataset editor. If you want to code any of your imported data as numbers, you can edit the fields individually in the dataset editor or upload your data in GeoJSON format.