There are a few resources you will need in order to follow along with this tutorial:
- ArcGIS Online account. You can sign up for a free account on the ArcGIS website.
- Integration URL. You can find the integration URL on the Share, develop & use page of your style. Finding this page will be covered in a later step.
Create a new project in ArcGIS
Navigate to your ArcGIS Online projects page and create a new project:
- Log into ArcGIS Online.
- Navigate to the Make a Map page. This will automatically create a new project.
- Click Add > Add Layer from Web.
A new window will open. Choose A Tile Layer from the dropdown list.
Find your ArcGIS integration URL
In another tab in your browser, open Mapbox Studio and find your ArcGIS integration URL:
- Log into Mapbox Studio.
- Navigate to your Styles page.
- Click on the Menu button next to the style you want to add to your map.
- Click Share, develop & use.
On your Share, develop & use page, scroll to the Use style in GIS apps section, click the ArcGIS tab, and copy the URL by clicking clipboard icon.
Add your Mapbox style as a tile layer
Let’s return to ArcGIS Online to finish adding our tile layer:
- Navigate back to your ArcGIS Online project.
- In the open Add Layer from Web window, paste your ArcGIS integration URL in the URL field.
- Check the Use as Basemap box.
- Add a Title to your layer.
- Add “© OpenStreetMap contributors Design © Mapbox” to the Credits field.
- Click Add Layer.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully added your Mapbox style as the basemap in your ArcGIS Online project.
If you’re interested in creating a custom or branded style in Mapbox Studio to be used in ArcGIS Online, take a look at our Create a custom style tutorial.