The Mapbox iOS SDK is an open-source framework for embedding interactive map views with scalable, customizable vector maps into Cocoa Touch applications on iOS 8.0 and above using Objective-C, Swift, or Interface Builder. It takes stylesheets that conform to the Mapbox Style Specification, applies them to vector tiles that conform to the Mapbox Vector Tile Specification, and renders them using OpenGL.
For setup information, check out the Mapbox iOS SDK homepage. For detailed usage instructions, read “First steps with the Mapbox iOS SDK” and consult the online examples. A full changelog is also available.
Changes in version 3.6.1
- Reduced the size of the dynamic framework by optimizing symbol visibility. (#7604)
- Fixed an issue where the attribution button would have its custom tint color reset when the map view received a tint color change notification, such as when an alert controller was presented. (#9598)
- Improved the behavior of zoom gestures when the map reaches the minimum zoom limit. (#9626)
- Fixed an issue where tilt gesture was triggered with two fingers aligned vertically and panning down. (#9571)
- Bitcode symbol maps (.bcsymbolmap files) are now included with the dynamic framework. (#9613)