The Mapbox iOS SDK is an open-source framework for embedding interactive map views with scalable, customizable vector maps into Cocoa Touch applications on iOS 7.0 and above using Objective-C, Swift, or Interface Builder. It takes stylesheets that conform to the Mapbox Style Specification, applies them to vector tiles that conform to the Mapbox Vector Tile Specification, and renders them using OpenGL.
For setup information, check out the Mapbox iOS SDK homepage. For detailed usage instructions, read “First steps with the Mapbox iOS SDK” and consult the online examples. A full changelog is also available.
Changes in version 3.4.0
- Added runtime styling API for iOS (#5727)
- As the user zooms in, tiles from lower zoom levels are scaled up until tiles for higher zoom levels are loaded. (#5143)
- Added quadkey support and limited WMS support in raster tile URL templates. (#5628)
text-pitch-alignmentproperty is now supported in stylesheets for improved street label legibility on a tilted map. (#5288)
icon-text-fit-paddingproperties are now supported in stylesheets, allowing the background of a shield to automatically resize to fit the shield’s text. (#5334)
- Improved the performance of relocating a non-view-backed point annotation by changing its
- MGLMapDebugOverdrawVisualizationMask does nothing in Release builds of the SDK. This is disabled for performance reasons. (#5555)
- Include simulator architecture slices in the dSYM file that is generated for release builds. (#5740)
- Fixed an issue where annotation views could be assigned to multipoint annotations. (#5770)
- Fixed the static only framework build. (#5782)
- Account for center offset when tapping annotation views. (#5931)