The sidebar on the left side of your page shows you the different sections of Mapbox Studio:
- Home. Get information about your account and quick links to your Styles, Tilesets, and Datasets pages.
- Styles. Create, manage, and edit your map styles.
- Tilesets. Create, upload and manage your tilesets.
- Datasets. Create, upload and manage your datasets.
- Stats. See your map views and account usage in real time.
- Classic. View your classic styles and Mapbox Editor projects.
- Account. Manage your account billing, security, access tokens, and more.
Home is your jumping-off point for building amazing maps with Mapbox Studio. This page shows you a couple options for getting started and links to Mapbox developer tools for building web and mobile applications.
The My account link will take you to your Account page.
My access tokens
The My access tokens link will take you to the API access tokens section of your Account page. Access tokens are required when working with Mapbox styles, tilesets, or when using any of our APIs and SDKs.
Visit the Explore page to see what’s possible with Mapbox Studio. Catch up on our latest blog posts, check out recently added tutorials, and read about new releases.
From the Styles page you can create, edit, and see information about any of your styles and find links for using your styles in web and mobile applications. For more information on styles and the Mapbox Studio style editor, see the Styles section of this manual.
The Tilesets page is where you can add and see information about your uploaded and exported tilesets. For more information on tilesets, see the Tilesets section of this manual.
The Datasets page is where you can create, edit, and see information about your datasets. For more information on datasets and the Mapbox Studio dataset editor, see the Datasets section of this manual.
The Stats page contains analytics and information about your Mapbox account. The page has two tabs: API and Mobile.
The API page shows statistics based on your total account activity or an individual access token. Results can be broken down by specific time frames (week, month, year, or custom date range).
For each of the following statistics, information is included on the referrers (websites using your maps), map IDs, countries, and browsers from which the requests originated. Note: You will only see the statistics for the APIs you have access to.
The following stats appear on every account:
- Map views: The number of map views on the selected access token.
- Static maps: The number of requests made to the Static API on the selected access token.
- Ephemeral geocodes: The number of requests made to the Geocoding API (
mapbox.placesendpoint) on the selected access token.
- Directions: The number of requests made to the Directions API on the selected access token.
- Directions Matrix API: The number of requests made to the Directions Matrix API on the selected access token.
- Map Matching API: The number of requests made to the Map Matching API on the selected access token.
- Optimized Trips API Preview: The number of requests made to the Optimized Trips API on the selected access token.
The following stats appear on accounts that have access to these APIs:
- Permanent geocodes: The number of requests made to the Geocoding API (
mapbox.places-permanentendpoint) on the selected access token.
- Surface API: The number of requests made to the Surface API on the selected access token.
The Mobile page shows statistics based on your total account activity in mobile applications or an individual access token used in a mobile application. Results can be broken down by specific time frames (week, month, or year). Note: statistics currently only show if you have set up a mobile app with the Mapbox iOS or Android SDKs.
- Users: This section includes the number of unique daily users of apps using the selected access token. It also includes the number of average daily users, the day in the period with the most users, the time of day with the most users, and the percentage of time the app was used for each hour of the day.
- Interactions: Mobile interactions include map load, pan, zoom, and rotate. This section includes the number of interaction events in the given time period for the selected access token, the average number of daily interactions, the day in the period with the most interactions, the time of day with the most interactions, and the percentage of time the app was interacted with for each hour of the day.
- Location: This section includes information about the unique number of location events (telemetry) an application collected for each hour of the day.
For more information on mobile statistics, see the help pages for building a mobile app.
You can find your Mapbox Studio Classic styles and Mapbox Editor projects on the Mapbox Classic page.
Click Upload Classic style to upload a style from Mapbox Studio Classic in
tm2z format to your account.
Each listed style shows the date the style was added, the size of the style, and the style ID. For each style, you can:
- view statistics for the style
- replace the style
- delete the style
- open the style in a new window and share it
Mapbox Editor projects
This tab lists projects created in the legacy Mapbox Editor. Each project listed shows the date added, the number of classic style layers in the project, and the project ID. For each style, you can:
- delete the project
- share the project with a Share URL
- GeoJSON download data as GeoJSON
- KML download data as KML
Your Account page contains all the information and preferences related to your Mapbox account including:
- Profile: Basic profile information including your organization name, email address, password, and avatar
- Security: Set up two-factor authentication for your account
- API access tokens: Create and manage your access tokens
- Applications: Manage the applications that have access to your Mapbox account
- Billing: Billing information for your account, including map views, storage, invoices, and plan information. There are also options to add or edit payment details, and delete your account.
For more information on managing your account, see the help page.
Learn how uploading data works in Mapbox Studio.