Scope and Limitations
Wax is not a mapping API like Modest Maps or OpenLayers.
Neither is it a application-level
higher library like GeoExt or even higher
like gxp. It’s a library that adds
common utilities to minimal mapping libraries and aims to give developers
and designers ultimate control and flexibility.
Here are some of the principles of Wax:
- The library does not try to ‘wrap’ any API of any toolkit,
like Mapstraction tries to do.
- Wax doesn’t add core mapping functionality, like vector display,
that should be in the core of a mapping library.
- No dependencies are required beyond the API integrated
- All presentation is stored in
controls.css, which is treated
as a theme API and versioned.
- Most controls in Wax are written to interact with single-layer